Our Green Approach
Integrated Archive Systems, Inc. (IAS) has taken a leadership role in eco-responsibility since 2004. IAS is committed to providing data management solutions that are sensitive to our changing global environment.
We only have one planet and collectively it is our responsibility to be stewards of the planet at home, at work, and while we travel.
It is critically important to IAS that our vendors and suppliers deliver products that are environmentally responsible, including the design, packaging, delivery, and ultimate disposition. Our partners must adhere to our methodology of "what's good for business is good for the environment."
Our internal environmental policy focuses on our ability to achieve minimal impact on the global ecosystem. We strive to achieve this goal in the following ways:
- Obtaining 100% of our energy/power from renewal sources – green power network.
- Our membership in Sustainable Silicon Valley, which engages prominent Silicon Valley organizations to work towards self-imposed goals of reducing regional carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
Our Employee Hybrid Program, which is designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and lower employee fuel costs through the following benefits:
- Employees with IAS for 12 months will receive $10K (gross) towards the purchase of a hybrid vehicle
- Employees that have had their hybrid for 2 years and intend on keeping it for a total of three years can receive an additional $10K (gross) towards the purchase of a second hybrid vehicle for primary use of the spouse of the IAS employee.
Our procurement strategy, which uses the following criteria to evaluate purchases:
- Do we really need it?
- Sustainability model of the supplier
- Impact on power and cooling from a CO2 emissions perspective
- Total Lifecycle of the product/solution through disposal
- Will it reduce overall costs to the company?
- Recycling programs for batteries, computer hardware and electronic components, as well as composting and using recycled materials at every opportunity.
- Use of compostable materials, including paper products, utensils, and cups
- Controlled and CFL lighting where possible
- Leveraging equipment from our Partners (SUN, Netapp etc.) that is eco-responsible
- Our participation in Terrapass to balance the emissions we can't reduce.
If you need green IT white papers or reference material, information about eco-events, eco-tools (such as power calculators), or information about power company rebates and promotions, then check out the our Green Resource Center.
“Thirty years from now my kids are going to be my age. They are going to look back on these times, when we knew that mankind was accelerating the warming of the planet, and they are going to ask me, ‘What were you doing?’ I want to be able to say I was doing everything I could to stop it.”